Mother’s day is coming up, and in our book, that means brunch. Brunch is really the best meal. Breakfast seems like it ought to be healthy, lunch is often dominated by sandwiches and salads, but at brunch – anything goes. Bring on the cinnamon roles, salads, casseroles, bagels, eggs, and of course, coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
This year, we’re putting flowers on the table AND in our coffee, and we think you’ll want to as well. We’ve been loving Intrigue Chocolate Co’s new Lavender Infused Syrup. It’s only a little bit sweet with lots of lavender flavor – so you can sweeten as much as you wish (we’d recommend honey).
Here are two ways we’re planning on using it this Mother’s Day:
Honey Lavender Iced Coffee
8 oz Cold Brew Coffee*
*see recipe below
*we used Ethiopia Harrar
2 tsp Intrigue Lavender Infused Syrup
1 tsp Honey (or to taste)
Half and Half
1. Mix coffee, lavender syrup, and honey (you may need to mix the honey with a bit of very hot water to incorporate).
2. Pour mixture over ice.
3. Top with half and half.
Homemade Cold Brew Coffee
1 cup coarsely ground coffee (select ‘Cold Brew’ in grind options and we’ll grind it perfectly for you)
4 cups cold water
1. Add coffee and water to a french press.
2. Let steep overnight.
3. In the morning, plunge your french press and pour cold coffee into a container. Refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Honey Lavender Iced Tea
1. Steep tea in three ounces of boiling water for five minutes.
2. Add honey and lavender. Mix well.
3. Pour mixture over a full glass of ice.
4. Add half and half if desired.